2,4-D amine salt is a selective herbicide effective against broad-leaved weeds in sorghum, maize, wheat, aquatic weeds, Potato, Sugarcane & non-cropped areas.
Plant Protection Equipment: Knapsack sprayer, foot sprayer, compression battery sprayer & ASPEE - HTP power sprayer fitted with flat fan or flood jet nozzle. Limitation & Caution for use: Do not spray the crop in neighborhoods of cotton, tobacco, chilies, tomato & grapes as they are very susceptible. Do not use it in those situations where there is a possibility of harming bees. Avoid spray drift. Keep livestock away from the spray area for two weeks. Do not store near seeds, fertilizer & insecticide. Do not inhale or mix with bare hands. Manner and time of application: Sorghum: Post-emergence, apply when sorghum is 10 - 30 cm tall; Maize: Pre emergence, 2-3 days after the sowing of crop Wheat: Post-emergence, 30 - 35 days after sowing of the crop; Aquatic weeds: When weeds are young & actively growing Potato: Pre emergence of crop/weeds; Noncrop Area : Spraying should be made in fallow land; Mode of application: Mostly blanket application. Purpose: for agricultural use Re-entry period: As soon as the spray dries up in the crops
1. Keep away from foodstuffs, empty foodstuff containers, and animal food.
2. Avoid contact with mouth, eyes, and skin.
3. Avoid inhalation of the spray mist. Spray in the direction of the wind.
4 . Wash thoroughly the contaminated clothes and parts of the body after spraying.
5. Do not smoke, drink, eat or chew anything while spraying.
6. Wear full protective clothing while mixing and spraying.
Nausea, headache, weakness, diarrhea, spasticity of muscles of the hands & feet. There may be hyperpyrexia in a few cases. Death may occur due to ventricular fibrillation or cardiac arrest.
1. The packages containing the herbicide shall be stored in separate rooms or premises away from the rooms or premises used for storing other articles, particularly articles of food, or shall be kept in separate almirahs under lock and key depending upon the quantity and nature of the herbicide 2. The rooms or premises meant for storing the herbicide shall be well-built, dry, well-lit, and ventilated and of sufficient dimensions to avoid contamination with vapor
FIRST AID: 1. If swallowed, induce vomiting by tickling the back of the throat. Repeat it until the vomitus is clear. Do not induce vomiting if the patient is unconscious. 2. If clothing and skin are contaminated, remove the clothes and wash the contaminated skin with copious amounts of soap and water. 3. If eyes are contaminated, flush with plenty of saline/clean water for about 10 to 15 minutes. 4. If inhaled, remove the patient to fresh air.
Antidote: Quinidine sulfate may be given to control myotonia or suppress abnormal ventricular cardiac rhythm. Treat symptomatically.