Sahib Wheat Star is a selective herbicide containing, fenoxaprop-p-ethyl active ingredient 10% w/w, balance solvent, and auxiliaries, it controls canary grass in wheat.
plant protection equipment: knapsack sprayer fitted with a flat fan nozzle is recommended. time of application:- the optimum time of application is during the 4-5 leaf stage of weeds. this coincides with 30-35 days after sowing. fenoxaprop p ethyl has a wide application window ranging from 2 leaves to the tillering stage of phalaris minor or annual grasses and should be used when maximum weed emergence has taken place. symptoms of damage: after 5-10 days the leaves of the weeds get lighter in color, the growing shoot is affected and growth ceases. competition with the main crop plant diminishes. necrosis set in from the basal part of the stem. after approx, 20-25 days the plant fully dries and can be easily pulled from the basal region as the growing point is dead. compatibility: fenoxaprop-p-ethyl 10% EC can be tank mixed with isoproturon, and also with commonly used insecticides/fungicides. incompatibility: - fenolxaprop-p-ethyl 10% EC is not compatible with hormone-type herbicides like 2,4-d-sodium salt, an amine salt of ethyl ester hence should not be tank mixed. it is also not compatible with bentazone and bifenox. preparation of spray solution: add slowly the required quantity of weedicide to water and stir well. with a stick or rod. while preparing a large quantity of spray solution, add weedicide to a bucket half filled with water, stir and then empty the pre-solution into the bulk of water. Manner and time of application: Purpose: for agricultural use Re-entry period: As soon as the spray dries up in the crops
1. keep away from foodstuffs, empty foodstuff containers, and animal food.
2. avoid contact with mouth, eyes, and skin.
3. avoid inhalation of the spray mist. spray in the direction of the wind.
4 . wash thoroughly the contaminated clothes and parts of the body after spraying.
5. do not smoke, drink, eat or chew anything while spraying.
6. wear full protective clothing while mixing and spraying.
ataxia, tremor, decreased activity, and skin rash may occur.
1. the packages containing the herbicide shall be stored in separate rooms or premises, away from the room or premises used for storing other articles, or shall be kept in separate almirahs under lock and key depending upon the quantity and nature of herbicide.
2. the room or premises for storing the herbicide shall be well-built, well-ventilated, and of sufficient dimension to avoid contamination with vapor.
1. if swallowed, induce vomiting by tickling the back of the throat. repeat it until the vomitus is clear. do not induce vomiting if the patient is unconscious.
2. if clothing and skin are contaminated, remove the cloths and wash the contaminated skin with a copious amount of soap and water.
3. if eyes are contaminated, flush with plenty of salines/clean water for about 10 to 15 minutes.
4. if inhaled, remove the patient to fresh air.
Antidote: no specific antidote is known. treat symptomatically.