Rice Star 6.9% EC is a selective herbicide containing Fenoxaprop-p-ethyl active ingredient 6.70% w/w, which is equal to 6.9% w/v. It is recommended for control of barnyard grass in direct seeded and transplanted Rice crops.
Waiting Period between last spray to harvest (days) AI (g)
Crop(s) Common Name of Pest Dosage/HA Dilution in Water(litre) Formulation (ml) Rice transplanted & direct seeded Echinochloa sp. (barnyard grass) 56.06to60.38 812.5to875 375-500 61
Waiting Period between last spray to harvest
Preparation of spray solution: Add slowly the required quantity of weedicide to water and stir well with a stick or rod. While preparing a large quantity of spray solution, add weedicide to a bucket half-filled with water, stir and then empty the pre-solution into the bulk of water. Plant Protection Equipment: knapsack sprayer fitted with a flat fan nozzle is recommended. Time of Application Rice: Rice Star is to be applied 20-25 days after sowing/transplanting when weeds are in 3-5 leaf stage
1. Avoid inhalation, skin, or oral contact with the weedicide.
2. Do not chew tobacco, eat food, or smoke during spraying.
3. While spraying, use protective clothing, rubber gloves, boots, masks, overalls, rubber aprons, hoods, or hats.
4. Spray only in the direction of wind currents and not against them so as to avoid spray drifts setting on the body.
5. Wash hands well with soap and water after spraying.
6. Clean the sprayer thoroughly with water after spraying.
Ataxia, trembling, decreased activity, skin rash, etc. May occurs.
1. The package containing herbicide shall be stored in separate rooms or premises away from the rooms or premises used for storing other articles or shall be kept in separate almirahs under lock and key depending upon the quantity and nature of the herbicide.
2. The rooms or premises for storing the herbicide shall be well-built, dry, well-ventilated and of sufficient dimensions to avoid contamination with vapor.
First Aid Remove the patient to fresh air. Remove contaminated clothing. If swallowed induces vomiting. Empty stomach by gastric lavage followed by administration of activated charcoal and sodium Sulphate in warm water. if the skin is contaminated wash well with soap and water. If eyes are contaminated flush them with clean water. Call a physician. Contraindication:- Adrenaline derivative, Pulmonary aspiration must be avoided.
Antidote: Treat Symptomatically.